Thank you to every member of our local community who has supported and engaged with the South East Property Community Funnel. In 2018, we were proud recipients of the MBCA Business Award for Community Spirit 2018. In 2021, we won the REISA Award for Excellence in Community Service in South Australia – an honourable achievement, particularly for an independent, regional agency.
Since October 2016 we have made a commitment to put back into our community through various fundraising ideas. We have successfully fundraised a huge amount of money since the establishment of our Community Funnel. These funds are continually being donated back to the local community.
Some of our other fundraisers have included:
- Bake Stalls
- BBQs at the SEPSM office
- Business Morning teas
- Mother’s Day Auction
- Christmas Lucky Squares Hamper
- Geltwood Festival stall
As of August 2018, South East Property Sales have been donating $100 from every sale to our Community Funnel. With this, the Community Funnel has been able to support several initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Movie Night in the Domain: a free community event organised and promoted by the Community Funnel
- McArthur Park Kindergarten donation: revamping of outdoor area
- Gladys Smith Early Learning Centre: revamping of sandpit and donation to MND fundraiser
- Sponsoring Beachport Surf Life Saving
- Purchasing a defibrillator for the local swimming lake
- $1500 grant put toward the community nature play playground
- Sponsoring a motivational speaker to come to our rural and remote town
- Millicent United Soccer Club: purchase of a new freezer for catering
- Kids entertainment donated for the Millicent Community Market
- Millicent Community Arts and Crafts Group: purchase of a new kiln
- Millicent and Surrounds Health Group: sponsoring the ‘New to Town expo’ as an opportunity for new residents of the community to meet and mingle
- Millicent North Primary School: donation to purchase a new clarinet for the Music Program
- AC Care: blankets supplied to support those doing it tough in the colder months
- Millicent Cancer Support Group: donation to go toward accommodation facilities in Adelaide to support those travelling for treatment
- Southend Progress Association: purchase of a new PA system for community events.
...just to name a few!
We also sponsor local community and sporting groups in the South Eastern Region.